Selena Gomez Takes Aim at Lovers and Friends in New Personal Songs

celebrity gossips
Celebrity Gossips
Singer Selena Gomez is taking a leaf out of pal Taylor Swift's songbook and writing tunes about friends who have broken her heart on her upcoming album.

Gomez, who is currently dating pop star Justin Bieber, insists her next album will be full of deeply personal songs.

And that could mean former boyfriend Nick Jonas will be in the line of fire - just like brother Joe was in Swift's hit "Forever & Always."

Gomez tells MTV News, "There's one song that I co-wrote... It's kind of like a compliment song-slash-dig. It's really fun. It's basically saying, 'I had a few people who weren't treating me right, but now I have wonderful people.' So it's like I'm thanking my friends while saying goodbye to the other people. It's very therapeutic."

The Disney starlet, who released her previous album A Year Without Rain in September, admits there is a lot more depth on this record.

Selena Gomez continues, "There is one (song) that I'm completely in love with, and it was written by (British star) Pixie Lott, who I am obsessed with... It's kind of a ballad. It's basically about living in the moment; it's about enjoying right now. I'm very much enjoying right now. I'm in a good place."

Leave a Reply